Big Picture - April 2019
April - June 2016
3rd floor: Take down wall, put in half bath and closet
Redo floors, new wiring, paint.
Here's a plan of the 3rd floor, April 10, 2016
- General drawing
June 24-July 7 2016
Our bedroom and bathroom: paint.
August- September 2016
Living room and dining room, paint and redo floors
Done for election party
Before end of 2016:
Big (?) walls on rear stairs that work with middle bedroom and plan for second rear.
January - June
New middle bedroom
- 09 Apr 2016
- demo floor Y%
- opening into crawl space: inspect structure, run wiring to half-wall
- demo wall 1/2 way (leave plaster on bedroom side initially)
- demo trim
- re-plumb for toilet and sink only
- re-route H + C water (shutoffs above floor)
- replace 4" under floor, remove shower drain tie-in
- wiring under raised section
- wiring ceiling
- rebuild raised floor
- trim half wall and wall near stairs
- new oak floor
- 12 Apr 2016
Started floor demo.
- 10 Apr 2016
More floor demo last night.
- 14 Apr 2016
Finished floor demo. Moved radiator for temporary use.
- 17 Apr 2016
Obviously have not been keeping notes here for a while, but have made some progress.
We got the ground floor middle and front rooms repainted and put in new oak flooring. This worked really well. All the junk we took out to do this is upstairs, and still needs to be thoughtfully culled and repatriated. But right now we have a simpler, neater ground floor and Jeni and I both love it.
The 3rd floor has moved along a little, too:
- new 3 prong receptacles with new wiring
- new light wiring
- middle wall demo
- demo old shallow front closet
- patch and cover shallow closet openings
- demo shallow raised closet
- patch and cover raised closet (after wiring)
- design sliding door and wall details
- build closet & bathroom wall
- box over stack vent pipe in closet
- add receptacles and lights to bathroom and closet wall
- 04 Dec 2016